This article posted by Dr M, former PM of Malaysia did impress me somewhat (still not his fan though) and I decided to post his article on my blog for people to make own judgment of him.
1. I would like to thank everyone for their comments on the above. I appreciate very much the positive comments and I accept the negative ones also. I am not perfect. I make mistakes. But some of the wrongdoings attributed to me are just not true or correct.
2. We see what we want to see. Everyone is like that. So do I. But I try my best to be factual.
3. My greatest mistake is in the choice of people. I seem to be picking the wrong people all the time. They not only did not live up to my expectations but they went all out to do all the wrong things, including abusing me.
4. I accept the blame for making wrong choices. But they were all so good before they were chosen.
5. Anwar was pious and holy almost. Before I admitted him into Umno no one told me of his peculiar inclinations.
6. The other one was known as Mr. Clean. Well he and his family certainly did a lot of cleaning.
7. Awarding privatisation at inflated prices! Well the contract to double track and electrify the railways from Johore Baru to Padang Besar was for RM14 billion (including the spur line to KL). It was cancelled by Abdullah.
8. Then it was found necessary to double track and electrify from Ipoh to Padang Besar. I understand the price is RM12 billion. Work out the new cost if we build up to Johore Baru.
9. Putrajaya and Cyberjaya - bought by the acres. Putrajaya, 10,000 acres for RM700 million or approximately RM17,500 per acre or RM0.43 per square foot.
10. Today average price of Putrajaya land per square foot is RM130.00.
11. Bailout happens when a business receives injection of capital to get over a financial crisis.
12. Selling a business at below cost is not a bailout. It is called a fire-sale. That was what my son had to do. Petronas subsequently sold ¾ of the fleet for more than what it paid for the whole fleet when the market was good.
13. Ekonomi Malaysia berkembang pada kadar 8.5% dari 1987 dan bukannya 10% dari 1991. Mula merosot pada 1997 di waktu Anwar sebagai Menteri Kewangan melaksana "ubat" IMF tanpa IMF. Memang Anwar ditangkap semasa krisis hampir berakhir. Kerana kegagalannya MTEN ditubuh untuk ambil alih tugas memulih semula kewangan dan ekonomi Negara, jauh sebelum dia ditangkap.
14. Sila semak SEJARAH dalam laporan akhbar dalam dan luar negeri.
15. Thank you for agreeing that I am a dictator. Tell me which dictator ever resign.
16. Terima kasih kerana membaca blog saya.
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Last year this time, Winnie participated in GE 2008 5km run for the first time and in this year's event, she ran the competitive 10 km. This year is GE 4th consecutive time and for Winnie, her second.
Got up this morning at about 0530 hrs, picked up Winnie at about 0600 hrs and we arrived at the start point near Esplanade at about 0630 hrs. Admittedly, I was quite concerned Winnie may not last the gruelling 10 km run as she had not been training quite regularly for a while. The last 10 km run she did was in May, the PAssion Run where I did 15 km and since then, she had intermittent training.
Did the usual routine as last year, she had to go to the toilet at Esplanade en-route (there are many mobile toilets near the Padang but she still chose the toilet at Esplanade for obvious reason) before heading to the start point.
Flagged-off at 0700 hrs by Her Excellency, the Ambassador from the Philippines, there were some 14,000 female runners as announced by the gregarious MC on the air.
I did not expect her to do better than the one we did in March this year where she clocked a creditable 1 hour 4 mins plus, 1 hour 10 min under would be more realistic this time around. But I was proven wrong in my 'guesstimation' (I am more than happy to be proven wrong), the gun time showed 1 hr 6 mins something when I saw her making a final dash to the finishing line. About 2 mins to be taken off as she had started quite far back (need to verify her final timing when result is finalised in a couple of days), I'm sure she clocked some 1 hr 4 mins plus and boy, I must admit this is a fantastic result for her. Had she put in more training, she could have come in under 1 hour.
Winnie, I congratulate you for a good effort in this GE event and I shall look forward to another good result in your last event of the year, the 10 km Stanchart Marathon. Keep up the running spirit, never say die. Cheers!